Design considerations for touch UI
- Design for immediate access – tapping is quick, and think about finger travel distances and screen proximity of touch points
- Keep gestures smart and simple – respond as the user would expect in the real world, keep more complex gestures for optional or shortcut commands
- Leverage clear mental models – keep actions and reaction consistent with the expectation
- Design for real hand sizes – both size and position on screen
- Touch feedback is key – a finger covers the button when pressed, make a response happen off button. Users are often distracted, and audio is unreliable communicator.