Based on an article in MCV 25th April 2008
- The consumer sets the price – piracy, rapid discounting and trade-in schemes prove the consumer options on what they pay for product.
- It’s all about experiences - live music or premium social events
- The music industry is thriving, it’s the music companies that are stuffed – music and games have not been more popular
- Profits come from secondary sources – and revenue from alternative sources
- The nature of distribution is changing – physical to digital